1. We offer for sale to you various products and/or services on behalf of our Principals such as airlines, other transport operators, hotel and other accommodation providers, tour operators and other principal suppliers. These are referred to throughout as ‘Principals’.
Our services consist of arranging and co-coordinating the services offered by the Principals. Eat Pray Love Travel brings about a direct contractual relationship between
you, the customer, and each Principal. Subject to these booking conditions Eat Pray Love Travel will perform our services with reasonable care and skill.
Eat Pray Love Travel does not guarantee the performance of the services offered by the Principals and we will not be liable in the event that you suffer loss, injury or
disappointment by reason of any acts or failings of any Principal. In such case your remedy will lie against the Principal.
The brochures (including e-brochures) which we supply to you are the brochures of the Principals and that the statements and representations contained in such
brochures are not ours but are made by the Principals. We accept no liability for any inaccuracies or misrepresentations contained in such brochures.
Your travel arrangements will also be subject to the Principals’ terms and conditions including limits on liability and conditions of carriage. You are responsible for reading the Principals’ terms and conditions before paying for your booking or reservation.
Subject to the Australian Consumer Law, Eat Pray Love Travel will not be liable for any loss or damage, injury, delay, inconvenience, or expense caused by a Principal.
Eat Pray Love Travel will not be liable for events beyond its control or the control of the Principals including, without limitation, strikes, accidents, pandemics or outbreaks of infectious diseases, acts of war or terrorism, civil or military disturbances or force majeure (Acts of God).Eat Pray Love Travel may receive fees, commissions, gifts or financial incentives from the Principals and other third parties in relation to your travel arrangements.
2. We recommend that you take out a travel insurance policy at the time you pay for your travel. You should ensure that such insurance will protect you against medical
expenses arising from sickness or injury during your travel and protect you against loss or damage to your belongings. The Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade also
strongly recommend you take out travel insurance.
If your travel arrangements involve group travel or a group event it is your responsibility to ensure you have travel insurance which is suitable for and covers those travel arrangements. You warrant that you have made appropriate enquiries and sought advice on your specific travel insurance requirements.
Please note that some credit card providers will provide the card holder with travel insurance. Where you are paying for all or any part of the services arranged through
us by credit card and you intend to use travel insurance provided by the credit card provider you acknowledge that Eat Pray Love Travel has offered you travel insurance and that you waive any claim against Eat Pray Love Travel in respect of any loss or damage you may suffer as a result of you failing to take out any or adequate travel insurance.
3. Airfares and tour prices may change (almost invariably by being increased) without prior notice and even though your arrangements have been confirmed. Such price
increases are beyond our control and you will be liable to pay for any such increases.
Many airlines now impose surcharges on the price of air travel. These surcharges may change between the time you make a reservation and the date of full payment.
4. If payment has not been made by the specific date which Eat Pray Love Travel will advise you, your bookings may be cancelled. Payments may be made by direct deposit or cheque. If you wish to pay by credit card it is necessary to check with us first as some airfares and package holidays cannot be paid for by credit card. In certain circumstances your credit card will be charged by the Principal. In these instances, you authorise Eat Pray Love Travel to pass on your credit card details to the Principal.
Credit Card payments may incur surcharges.
Eat Pray Love Travel will add an additional surcharge to payments made by credit card. Please check with us for current charges. When your credit card is processed by
Eat Pray Love Travel you agree to not have your payment ‘charged back’ or reversed by your credit card provider where the services have been provided. They can be
made directly from your savings/cheque account. All cheques must be made payable to Eat Pray Love Travel.
Direct Deposits can be made to the Eat Pray Love Travel bank account:
BSB: 033 629
When Eat Pray Love Travel accept cash payments, we will ensure that you receive a tax receipt for the payment to your email within 1 hour of money being received.
Eat Pray Love Travel will not be liable for any loss caused by a failure of a tour manager or tour wholesaler to make payments to Eat Pray Love Travel for reservations for airfares and services made on behalf of a tour group or any individual traveller.
Fees and Charges
5.1 Cancellation fees
If you cancel a confirmed reservation or booking the Principal is likely to charge you a cancellation fee. Further, some tickets may be non-refundable or non-transferable. It is important to check the position with us before you confirm arrangements and/or before you cancel any confirmed reservations. Please read the Principal’s special conditions in relation to your travel arrangements.In addition to any cancellation fee charged by a Principal, if a confirmed reservation or booking is cancelled for any reason, Eat Pray Love Travel will retain its commission paid and/or service fee charged in respect of the travel arrangements.
You acknowledge that the retention by Eat Pray Love Travel of the commission and/or service fee is fair remuneration for the work done by Eat Pray Love Travel in
arranging your travel arrangements.
5.2 Changes to bookings or reservations
If you wish to change a confirmed reservation or booking you are likely to incur fees.
In some cases, it may not be possible to change a reservation or booking or to cancel or it may be uneconomic for you to do so. You should always check the cost before
requesting changes to your travel arrangements. Please read the terms and conditions of the Principals which apply to your travel arrangements.
Unless otherwise stated in your costings and itinerary document in addition to any fee charged by a Principal, Eat Pray Love Travel will charge you a fee to process an
amendment to a confirmed booking or reservation based on the rate of $50.00 per hour plus GST. There is a minimum fee of $25.00 plus GST.
If your travel arrangements are cancelled for any reason (including force majeure) after you have paid, no refund will be available to you until Eat Pray Love Travel receives the monies from the Principal involved. In most cases, the Principal will charge a cancellation fee and in some instances you may not be able to claim a refund.
Eat Pray Love Travel is not responsible for any delays by a Principal in processing a refund. You should be aware that airlines may take a significant time to process a
Should the price of an airfare, cruise or tour be reduced after you have made payment your right to a refund (if any) is governed by the terms and conditions which apply to the airfare, cruise or tour as determined by the airline, cruise line or tour operator.Unless otherwise stated in your costings and itinerary document in addition to any fee charged by a Principal, Eat Pray Love Travel will charge you a fee to process a refund request based on the rate of $50.00 per hour plus GST. There is a minimum fee of $25.00 plus GST.
Eat Pray Love Travel earns commissions and/or charges service fees in making your travel arrangements. Eat Pray Love Travel reserves the right to retain the commissions and service fees that is earned on your booking from any refund should your booking be cancelled for any reason (including for force majeure).
Passport and Visa Requirements
6. Prior to confirming your travel arrangements, you should check your passport and establish that it will remain current for the entire period of your travel. Certain countries require that your passport remains valid for a period of up to twelve months after the date upon which you are scheduled to leave such country. You may be denied entry to a country if your passport expires within 12 months. You should clarify visa requirements with the Embassies of the countries that you plan to visit as certain countries may require you to take out a visa dependant on whether you are travelling on an Australian or a foreign passport. The authorities in some countries (including The USA) require holders of Australian passports to take out a visa for entry into their country where the traveller has been sentenced or imprisoned or been convicted of certain types of criminal offence. A visa may be required where a contagious disease or a serious health problem exists. It is the responsibility of each member of the travelling party to ensure that they have a valid passport and the necessary visa/s for the destinations to be visited.
Re-entry Visas for Australia
7. Re-entry visas will/may be required for travellers leaving Australia holding a foreign passport. If you hold a foreign passport then it is your responsibility to make your own enquiries and satisfy yourself as to the position in regard to your passport and/or visa requirements before leaving Australia.
8. Certain countries require that travellers be vaccinated against specific infection and/or diseases. Eat Pray Love Travel strongly recommends that you check with your
doctor and the Embassies of countries to which you are travelling to with respect to any health requirements.
Checking Travel Arrangements
9. We have exercised care in putting together the arrangements requested by you in regards to your travel and accommodation. It is important that you check all of the
documentation handed to you in relation to your proposed travel and accommodation to ensure that it fully meets with your requirements and to ensure that there have been no misunderstandings. All documents, in relation to international travel, must be issued in the name of the passport holder. You may be denied carriage if the name varies.
9.1 We strongly recommend that you contact your airline prior to any travel to ensure that the scheduled departure time has not changed.
9.2 We strongly recommend that you familiarise yourself with current travel advisories/information from smartraveller.gov.au before you travel.
9.3 Payment of any excess baggage charges is the Travellers sole responsibility.
9.4 Carry on baggage is subject to security rules on the carriage of various items. It is your responsibility to check with the relevant authorities.
10. Eat Pray Love Travel accepts no responsibility for any loss, cost or expense that arises or is incurred by the customer to the extent that it arises or is incurred directly
or indirectly as a result of any booking made by, or on behalf of, the customer independently of Eat Pray Love Travel.
11. Eat Pray Love Travel endeavours to deliver exceptional quality professional travel services. We are committed to being responsive to the needs and concerns of
customers and to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible. Customer feedback is welcomed as it helps us improve our service delivery to you. For full details of
our Complaints Handling Process please ask us to send it to you.
Your rights under Australian Consumer Law
12. Nothing in these terms and conditions is to be read as excluding, restricting or modifying your rights under the Australian Consumer Law and other legislation given
to consumers in relation to the supply of goods and services.
These terms and conditions were updated on 1st April 2021